A fair and accurate property valuation is critical to your profitability.
Property tax valuations have a tremendous impact on your bottom line. My job is to make sure your assessment is fair and accurate, to minimize your tax obligation.
Property taxes are one of the primary funding mechanisms for local government. The task of property tax assessment is enormous, with thousands of properties to be valued each year. In mass assessing, it’s easily possible for individual property values to be overlooked, resulting in an excessive increase in a property’s market value. Property valuation is usually determined through a complex computer driven assessment process –– it is only when an appeal is brought that an actual appraiser experienced in the valuation of property, evaluates the property.
Depending on the size and scale of your property, an excessive property valuation can impact your bottom line significantly. A fair and accurate property valuation is critical to your profitability. As a property tax attorney with over 30 years experience helping businesses of all sizes, I can discuss with you the valuation of your property and initiate a property tax appeal in the courts if your property has been unfairly assessed.
- Key relationships count – Maintaining positive working relationships with individuals in government is a must to helping clients achieve a favorable outcome. I have spent years in the property tax field developing my reputation among government agencies as an attorney who deals fairly and honestly, but always in my client’s best interests.
- A fair, objective, accurate approach – I evaluate each property tax case based on actual market forces to determine whether your offer is favorable, and whether a settlement is more prudent than taking your case to trial. Regarding your specific assessment situation and jurisdiction, I seriously consider the benefits and risks with the type of approach required and discuss with you that which would be most beneficial to your case.
- Focused on property tax law – With nearly 30 years experience in property tax cases, my primary focus is in property tax appeals. I also work in related areas where property valuations are a key component to the issues impacting a property.
- Commercial property clients – I serve businesses of all sizes, typically filing appeals for properties assessed at $1,000,000 or more. Clients include commercial and industrial owners, retailers, portfolio owners and managers, financial institutions, utilities, railroads, manufacturing companies, local and regional developers, and many other clients.
- Nationwide connections – I am the National Editor in Chief of the American Bar Association’s Property Tax Deskbook and the primary author of the book’s Minnesota chapter. My relationships with the authors of the book’s other 50 chapters give me a nationwide network of real estate attorneys I can tap immediately when it’s beneficial for clients.
Editor of The Property Tax Deskbook
Jeffery McNaught serves as national Editor-in-Chief of the American Bar Association’s Property Tax Deskbook and is the primary author of the book’s Minnesota chapter. His relationships with the authors of the book’s other 50 chapters give him a nationwide network of real estate attorneys he can tap immediately when it’s beneficial for clients. The Property Tax Deskbook provides property tax managers, attorneys, accountants, and other professionals the information they are most likely to need to address state property tax issues, planning and procedures.
Contact Jeff 612.578.8455
To reach Jeff, complete the form below or call the number above if you’d like to address your property tax assessments, or need help with any aspects of property taxation.
The Law Offices of Jeffery J. McNaught
201 Ridgewood Avenue, Minneapolis MN 55403
Conveniently located near downtown Minneapolis.